Creating Breakthrough Campaigns
Melissa Dawn Johnson is a branded entertainment trailblazer for Procter & Gamble’s Media & Entertainment Innovation group. She put a Swiffer into the hands of Jessica Simpson on Rollingstone branded entertainment online magazine and most recently, has Mary J. Blige speaking out about “Crest Healthy Smiles”.
These and other countless P&G; integration with films, celebrities and pop-culture has P&G’s CEO, AG Lafley taking notice, recognizing her as an “Unsung Hero” for pioneering Branded Entertainment Marketing.
We sat down with Ms. Johnson to find out how to inspire innovative thinking, work with networks, create breakthrough campaigns and more.
In Johnson’s interview, she shares information about:
- Her Role at P&G;
- Why P&G; Moves Beyond the 30-Second Spot
- How Branded Ent. Buzz Increase Sales
- What Jessica Simpson Did for the Swiffer
- Notable Campaigns
- Working with Networks and Studios
- Measurement’s Limitations
- Constructing the Deal
- Creating a New Culture, Internally
- Going Digital
- The Commercial’s Relevance
- Mary J. Blige’s Work with Crest